Thursday, September 18, 2014

Overwhelmed, Again...

I am finding myself feeling overwhelmed, again.

I know some of it can be attributed simply to the fact that I am an HSP, and we are easily overstimulated. No new news there.

Understand that I don't have "Writer's Block." I'd call it "Writer's Congestion" or "Writer's Sewage Clogs."

Meh... it means that I have plenty of things to write about, and loads of ideas, and loads of outlines... but I feel like someone standing before a 5-acre parcel of land covered with scrub, with only a pair of hand clippers to clear everything.

Daunting.

Oh, and wait! "Clearing Brush" isn't actually my job. I have to do something else, full-time, and then find the energy to clear five acres of brush with hand shears,

My short little span of attention doesn't like the idea of starting in on something that will take several years to complete. I get "uncomfortable" and start squirming in my chair as soon as a project might take more than 30 minutes to complete.

Hence the thought of turning some five million words of scratch notes, outlines and partially written prose into organized and good quality content... as blog posts, articles, web content and even books... is stunningly overwhelming.

Situations like these tend to make me buzz around like a fly in a bottle, going in circles but not really "getting anywhere."

No comments: