Saturday, May 02, 2015

Monthly Report: April 2015

Time for another monthly recap from the wonderful world of The Lazy Online Writer.

April was a rather dull month, although I actually started getting more active with writing again-- however, that activity will not be reflected in current income.

Getting organized while we were in Joshua Tree will turn into a benefit, but I don't expect that to manifest financially till July or August.

Lost more ground in April, mostly due to my Amazon Associates sales dropping off the map.

Here's the final breakdown:

$3.53 from AdSense (2,132 page views)-- remains well below historical average
$3.30 from Amazon Associates (7 orders/89 clicks)-- also well below historical average
$5.83 from my "original" HubPages account (20 articles)-- remains below average
$5.26 from my "Squid" HubPages account (8 articles)-- still establishing a trend there

That adds up to a grand total of $17.92 for April-- lowest in several years.

Little disturbed by the trend here-- the AdSense page views was the lowest since April 2012.

Not counting any other venues as none are producing measurable or reliable income I think I will ever see. Bubblews is pretty much dead in the water, CGP Gallery is a joke, Seekyt is pretty much a spam farm and Zujava seems to (sadly!) be dying a slow death. I am staying away from "promising" new sites, because they are usually full of shit.

The only "possible" on the horizon is "Tsu," which is a Facebook-ish (rather than writing) venue that claims to pay contributors. I think it's true-- based on what I have read-- but I also think you have to be a semi-celebrity with thousands of followers to have any chance to reach the $100 payout threshold. I've dabbled there a bit... which has earned me the princely sum of 15 cents.

No comments: