Sunday, August 10, 2014

A bit like a Wikipedia

How does someone who does not necessarily write "in volume" get the most bang for the buck?

I've been thinking that one effective approach is to use areas of specialization to create "mini websites" or wikis on the sites where I contribute.

For example, when I write on HubPages, I have distinct categories my different articles will fit into, and then I can crosslink between these articles, wikipedia style. It may not draw a huge number of extra views, but at least it opens up the possibility that "a visitor" ends up reading more than just one page.

Although HubPages (and other sites) allow contributors to have segments of "link lists," I have a feeling that using in-line links might be more effective.

This is definitely something I will be experimenting with, as I continue to build my base of articles. When you don't have the ability to write a lot of articles, you have to make up for lost ground by maximizing how much you get out of each article.

No comments: